This post was written by Jay J. Yan, Hugh T. Scogin, Jr., John J. Tan, Mao Rong, Katherine Yang, May Wong, Amy Yin and Gordon B. Schatz.
Reed Smith’s Life Sciences Health Industry China Briefing provides a summary of the monthly news and legal developments relating to China’s Pharmaceutical, Medical Device, and Life Sciences/ Health Care Industries.
Some important developments during August include:
- New Regulations Concerning Hospital Procurement of Class-A Large-Scale Medical Equipment
- MOH to Investigate Infection Events in Hospitals
- Wenzhou Develops New Plans to Attract Private Medical Investors
- Notice Concerning Public Hospital Reform in 2012
- MOH to Establish EDLs for Secondary and Tertiary Hospitals
- Pricing Developments for Drugs of Foreign Companies
- Revised Regulations on Criminal Prosecutions for Leaks of Confidential Patient Information
- State Council to Release Regulation Permitting Local Governments to Buy Commercial Insurance on for Serious Illnesses
To read the full briefing by Reed Smith China team members, click here.