This post was written by Jay J. Yan, John J. Tan, Mao Rong, Katherine Yang, May Wong, Vicki Lung and Gordon B. Schatz.
Reed Smith’s China Life Sciences and Health Industry Client Briefing provides a summary of the monthly news and legal developments relating to China’s Pharmaceutical, Medical Device, and Life Sciences/ Health Care Industries.
Some important developments during December include:
- Industry Calls for Reform of Lagging Drug Review System
- Four Governmental Authorities to Take Measures to Upgrade Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs)
- Chinese Manufacturers of Sterile Drugs Struggling to Meet New GMP Deadline
- Pharmaceutical Market to Hit 2.3 trillion Yuan by ’20
- China Announces 17 New Device Classifications
- Hong Kong, Macao Health Providers Allowed to Set Up Mainland Health Institutions
- Smaller Hospitals “Offer Huge Opportunities”
- White Paper on Medical and Health Services in China
- Reed Smith’s China Device Regulatory Briefing
To read the full briefing by Reed Smith China team members, click here.