This post was written by Jay J. Yan, John J. Tan, Mao Rong, Katherine Yang, May Wong, Amy Yin, Vicki Lung and Gordon B. Schatz.
Reed Smith’s China Life Sciences and Health Industry Client Briefing provides a summary of the monthly news and legal developments relating to China’s Pharmaceutical, Medical Device, and Life Sciences/ Health Care Industries.
Some important developments during January include:
- Li Keqiang Comments from the 12th Plenary Meeting of the Medical Reform Leading Group
- MOH Announces Roadmap for Medical Reform
- MOH Highlights Local Medical Reforms
- More Cities in Jiangsu to Pilot Public Hospital Reform Program
- MOH to Release New National Essential-Medicine List Soon
- Price Cut for 20 Types of Drugs
- Only 597 Drug Manufacturers Have Obtained New GMP Certification by the End of 2012
- China Orders Chemical Pharmaceutical Exports Survey
- Output Value of Yunnan’s Biological Industry to Exceed RMB 1.2 Trillion (US$193.1 billion) by 2020
- Biopharma Firms Boosted by Policy Support
- Health Insurance to Cover 95% of Rural Residents
- Actis Invests in Nanjing Medical Equipment Producer
- Stryker to Buy Firm to Expand in China
- China to Speed up TCM Standardization
- Q&A re Adjustment of Occupational Disease Classification and Catalogue
To read the full briefing by Reed Smith China team members, click here.