The Reed Smith Life Sciences Health Industry Group will be hosting an upcoming CLE webinar “Telehealth Policy Update: Keep Calm, Changes Are Coming” on June 8, 2016 at 10:00 a.m. PT and 1:00 p.m. ET. Reed Smith presenters Paul Pitts and Trey Andrews will be discussing recently adopted and proposed changes to state and federal laws impacting telehealth. They will touch on some of the regulatory obstacles restraining the use of telehealth and what policy changes they anticipate in the short term. Specific topics will include:
- State efforts to change coverage and reimbursement policy
- Medicare policy discussions
- The current federal/state regulatory and licensing environment and the challenges and proposals of allowing
- Medicare providers to offer telehealth services across state lines
- Regulation of internet prescribing
- Status of Teladoc, Inc. et al v. Texas Medical Board, et al
This webinar is also approved for 1 hour of general CLE credit in CA, IL, NJ, PA, TX and WV. To register for the free webinar, please click here.