Michael Brown and Lisa Baird from our Life Sciences Health Industry Team will be presenting an hour-long AdvaMed Medical Technology Learning Institute webinar on “Top 10 Product Liability Issues” on July 20 at 1 p.m. ET. Product liability litigation is ever-evolving, and the plaintiffs’ bar is continually adapting its business model and litigation strategy against medical device manufacturers. In this webinar, Michael and Lisa will discuss recent developments in product liability and strategies to address—or prevent—them.
Agenda topics include:
- Litigation funding and the mechanics of how it drives device product liability litigation
- How to counter off-label promotion themes in products cases with recent First Amendment developments
- The latest of plaintiffs’ preemption-avoidance arguments for both PMA and 510(k) devices
- Managing product liability litigation with parallel government investigations looming
- Fighting back against mass filings of litigation in bad jurisdictions
The program is geared towards corporate litigation and regulatory counsel and high-level business and regulatory employees who want a better understanding of preemption for improved planning and decision-making.